guix-devel

Re: Ensuring we don't break user systems

From: Dan Partelly
Subject: Re: Ensuring we don't break user systems
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 19:51:29 +0300

I pointed this out 4-5 weeks ago when trying GuixSD, on this very list. Thanks
for reaffirming  the idea In all honesty the current model is very badly
broken, and you should not wait for 1.0. I had no other Linux distro break up
faster than GuixSD. A stable branch is not enough by itself,  (but is the mort
important part) you need to ensure that all substitutes are built correctly,
and atomically update all substitutes following a successful build of all
packages.

 You should not inflict  current model on your users , not  even for an 0.1