guix-devel

Re: Ensuring we don't break user systems

From: Dan Partelly
Subject: Re: Ensuring we don't break user systems
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 19:58:07 +0300

Even more important than this, is that the users do not end up with a broken
package manager  following a guix pull. Which is what happened pretty often in
my experiences with GuixSD. Yes, yes, you can “roll-back”. The bottom line is ,
the system should not break in the first place. GuixSD should not inflict its
development branch of the package manager on the world, and the stable branch
should be regression tested