guix-devel

Re: #guix logs no longer updated

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: #guix logs no longer updated
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 21:59:47 +0200

Ludo',

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Here’s a mission for you, dear reader: write a service that starts znc,
with suitably posed duct tape and chewing gum, and modify
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfrontscm>
so that it’s automatically started.

I started writing a practice ZNC service at FOSDEM but it's not finished (duct tape, bash & dried corn flakes being the enemy of the perfect here, too). I got stuck trying to declaratively configure ZNC, but now I don't think that even made sense. ZNC's configuration file is a dynamic state file, period.

I'll put finishing that right under the Overdrives on the ol' list.

Kind regards,

T G-R