guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:11:56 +0100

Hi Laura,

> Can you tell me which players work for you? I tried with my browser
> and it still tells me that the file is corrupt :/

I have tested Parole and Videos media players and Firefox and Midori
browsers.  All work except Firefox, which gives the message:

'Video can't be played because the file is corrupt'

Is Firefox the browser you are testing with?

Possibly another tweak to the ffmpeg encoding might be needed to
support Firefox.

> I didn't notice this. Is it possible to make the audio shorter than
> the first duration?

Ah, the expression for duration1 should be:

duration1 (in seconds) = number of frames / 25

What I was thinking was that the cli sessions should end with a short
pause.  This will be the case as long as either duration1 is greater
than duration2 or the audio file has a silent section at the end.

If any of the transitions are too abrupt we can add some silence to the
relevant audio file.  The command I used for the silent slide in 02-
daily-use2 was:

$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc=r=4800:cl=mono -t <ts> -q:a 9 -c:a
libmp3lame <audiofile>.mp3

This creates an mp3 file with <ts> seconds of silence.

So a one second pause, say, could be concatenated (with ffmpeg) at the
beginning or end of an audio file to improve the transition.

Best regards,

Paul.