guix-devel

Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: KMScon vs. AMD Radeon
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:17:31 +0200

Hi Florian,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:47:04PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> skribis:
>> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 02:09:57PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> > The resolution is slightly too small to read all text boxes in the
>> > installer’s disk partitioning dialog though.  The screen height is
>> > only about 35 lines.  I don’t know how to fix this, but it is not that
>> > important.
>>
>> Do you mean the resolution is too low?  Are there fewer lines that in
>> the QEMU screenshot below?
>>

> Yes, there are fewer lines.  The line above “Choose the language” is
> the first visible line.  The header -| Locale language |- is
> invisible.  The bottom of the window with ----------------- is the
> last visible line.  That makes for 31 lines in total.

OK, so that’s suboptimal, but do you still consider it usable
nonetheless?

(I’m trying to see if we can simply use the modprobe.blacklist patch or
if we need to work on a more elaborate solution.)

> Yes.  This machine boots Guix git master fine, the ISO 9p cache issue
> is fixed, other issues with booting on my Macbook are not an issue on
> this machine.

OK, so I take this as a mostly-successful experience.  I’m willing to
ignore the MacBook issue for now, at least not blocking 1.0 for that.

Thanks a lot for testing and reporting back!

Ludo’.