guix-devel

Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 15:08:34 +0800

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller writes:

> No, we have a small script that takes care of this. As long as the node
> name is translated somewhere near the beginning of the file, it is also
> automatically translated in the rest of the file. So that shouldn't
> cause an issue. Maybe there's an error in the script?
>
> Look at xref_command in doc/local.mk

The xref_command is too complex for me to understand.  Do you mean we
don't need to translate all the reference strings in @ref{}, @xref{} and
@pxref{} as long as the target node name after "@node" is translated?
That will be a good news.

> Also look at fr.po, I haven't translated most of the node names.

By saying "most of the node names" have not been translated, do you mean
some of the reference strings in @ref{}, @xref{} and @pxref{} should be
translated?

--
Meiyo Peng