guix-devel

Additional system fonts - Feature request/help request

From: John Soo
Subject: Additional system fonts - Feature request/help request
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 15:52:10 +0000

Hi Guix!

I have been looking into a different TTY font both for fancy glyphs and unicode support.  I also looked into kmscon for keybindings and additional fonts, too. I like being able to specify a console font as a service. I can't use Tamzen, for instance, though, since the console font directory is only pointing to the store location for the kbd package's fonts (I found that under man setfont).  Similarly, for kmscon, trying to provide an additional font for the service fails because no system fonts are configured for the system profile.  I would like to be able to:
 - provide extra user defined fonts as part of the operating system configuration, or
 - somehow be able to use more fonts than those that come with kbd and
 - Be able to configure additional fonts for kmscon

How would that be done?

Thanks!

John