guix-devel

Re: Packaging Grisbi

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Packaging Grisbi
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:04:34 -0400

Hi Tanguy,

Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Timothy,
>

> Le 05/30, Timothy Sample a écrit :
>> […]

>> […]
>> I applied your patch below, and everything works great for me.  It seems
>> this is because I am running GNOME, and GNOME puts the dconf service
>> file in the system profile.
>>
>> What desktop are you running?  How is D-Bus started?
>
> I'm running bspwm [1]. D-Bus seems to be running [2], but I have not clue
> how it's been started!? I just select the bspwm session from the login
> manager.
>
> [1]: snippet of my OS config
> ```
> ;; …
> ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages.
>   (packages (cons* nss-certs         ;for HTTPS access
>                    bspwm sxhkd       ;for desktop env
>                    fish neovim openssh wget recutils
>                    %base-packages))
> ;; …
> ```
>
> [2]: output of `env | ag DBUS`
> ```
> DBUS_FATAL_WARNINGS=0
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-783FOvFmx6,guid=63be5a9abc13dee04e494f3e5cf3fb36
> GDM_DBUS_DAEMON=/gnu/store/bp4zn8kx5p09ddn6dm7lsdlf4l0cj8g3-gdm-dbus-wrapper
> ```
>
> Any idea?!

What are the contents of the “$GDM_DBUS_DAEMON” file above?  It should
set it up so that D-Bus looks at the system profile and your user
profile.  Please check that the service file is available either in

  /run/current-system/profile/share/dbus-1/services/

or

  $HOME/.guix-profile/share/dbus-1/services/

There should be a symlink called “ca.desrt.dconf.service” in one of
those directories.

-- Tim