guix-devel

Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:33:27 +0200

On Thu, 2019-06-27 at 18:05 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> People rightfully suggested having some sort of a roadmap for what’s
> next.  Many of us certainly have specific ideas in mind, but having
> that written down can certainly clarify what this project is about to
> newcomers, and it can help us insiders build a common understanding
> of what it is we want to do.
>
> To start the discussion, here’s a list of high-level to-do items,
> some of them just copied from our ‘1.0.org’ document :-) and others
> that stem from discussions we’ve had.  I’m happy to expound on some
> of these points if anything is unclear.
>
> What do *you* want Guix to address in the future?

Hello,

Are you interested in a buildd (in the context of Debian)? I'm
currently hosting the mahler Debian buildd VM for GNU/Hurd and kamp
Debian buildd VM for kFreeBSD amd64 and i386. The first box (mahler) is
reasonably fast and has excellent bandwidth 100Mbps download
speed/800++Mbps upload speed. The other box (kamp) is much faster but
is limited to 10Mbps down/1Mbps up. (We will eventually get a fiber
connection (100Mbps up+down), but the install and operating date is
still unknown.)

Thanks!