guix-devel

Permissions error during libhandy build - looking for tips

From: Jonathan Frederickson
Subject: Permissions error during libhandy build - looking for tips
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:41:46 -0400

Hi! I'm trying to package libhandy for Guix, but I'm running into some
issues. libhandy uses Meson for builds - I'm not super familiar
with it, but it looks like something during the installation process is
trying to write to a path in /gnu/store that it doesn't have
permissions to write to.

I'm still fairly new to Guix packaging so it's not obvious to me why
this is failing at the moment. I've attached the build log and what I
have so far for the package definition. If anyone has advice that could
be helpful here, it would be highly appreciated!

(This package also has tests that look like they require access to an
X server, which fail - I think this is expected? I've just disabled
tests for the time being, but is there any way to actually run tests
like that during a build in Guix?)