guix-devel

sharing code between gexps in config.scm

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: sharing code between gexps in config.scm
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 14:42:35 +0200

Hi,

I’m currently writing some slightly repetitive mcron jobs
in my config.scm that use gexps / program-file. I’m wondering
whether there’s a better way to share code between these than
writing a separate scheme file and importing that via
with-imported-modules?

That approach works, but it’s a bit painful because I can no
longer just “system reconfigure”, but need to deal with the
guile load path. Also I’d prefer to have config.scm self-contained.

It turns out to not be possible to use a config.scm-level function
via e.g. (#$funcname arg1 arg2) for what are probably good reasons.

Cheers
Robert