guix-devel

Re: Mumi now uses raw emails and Mu

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Mumi now uses raw emails and Mu
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 19:45:20 +0200

Arun Isaac <address@hidden> writes:

>> I forked Mu and let it store the “X-Debbugs-Envelope-To” header in the
>> database:
>>

>> https://git.elephly.net/?p=software/mumimu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mumimu
>>
>> This seems to actually work.  Still don’t know if all emails actually
>> have that header; if they don’t we’ll need to implement an alternative
>> way to get the bug number in “get_bugid” (lib/mu-msg-file.c).
>
> Can't we find the bug number of an email by matching the To and Cc
> addresses against address@hidden where xxxxx is a bug number?

No because the initial email would be sent to address@hidden or
address@hidden, not address@hidden.

There are also some control messages which are not sent to
address@hidden but are received by the Debbugs service through
other means.

I’m now getting the bug number by convention: mumi gets them from
Debbugs, stores them in a predictable fashion (<bugnum> dash <msgnum>),
and mumimu gets the bug number from that file name.

Since mumimu isn’t a general purpose tool we can get away with that if
we all just hold our noses and ignore the stench.

--
Ricardo