guix-devel

Re:Re: Can Emacs packages define their own EMACSLOADPATH in their open s

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Re:Re: Can Emacs packages define their own EMACSLOADPATH in their open script?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 18:18:16 +0800 (CST)

I'm newbie to Guix and know little about Guix jargon. I'm sorry about that my words make you puzzled.

>? The source of what?

I mean the emacs package in guix source, the emacs-next package, precisely.

>> will record its modification of EMACSLOADPATH in profile,
>
>Where is it recorded? Which modification? What is "EMACSLOADPATH in profile"?

The package definition of emacs-next has native-search-path field, which add customized EMACSLOADPATH environment variable.
And I guess it modified ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile.

If you still doesn't understand, please ask me again, thanks!