guix-devel

Policy to remove broken packages

From: zimoun
Subject: Policy to remove broken packages
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 01:58:54 +0200

Dear,

After Guix Days 2019, the idea of having an informal policy to remove
broken packages had emerged.  Quoting the initial Björn's message [1]:

        > If a package is broken for  more than 6 months, we should just
        > remove it from Guix. Prior  to removing, we should announce on
        > the  dev  mailing  list,  maybe someone  will  care  about  it
        > then. If there is no response within 2 weeks, we really remove
        > it.

And we all agreed. :-)

How to make it happen?  Where is the correct place to mark list them:
Data Service or Cuirass?

1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-02/msg00019.html

All the best,
simon