guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:37:17 +0200

Hi RG,

I've changed guix wip-desktop to use guix master
commit c03cefc3d8dd826c4a74abbfe2b235525dca50fb as base (made a rebase).

Then I tested and applied the patches from your E-Mail this is an answer to.

That means a few of your patches didn't apply--which is not your fault.

Could you please clone wip-desktop anew and rebase the patches that didn't
apply on top manually and then re-send those?

The ones that didn't apply are:

glib: Patch doesn't apply.  Also: Why define-public now?
glib-networking 2.64.3 doesn't apply because of missing glib (because above
didn't apply).
gobject-introspection: Patch didn't apply.
gstreamer: Patch didn't apply.
libvisual: Patch didn't apply.
libvisual-plugins: Didn't try, dependency now missing.
gst-plugins-base: Patch didn't apply.
gst-plugins-good: Didn't try, dependency now missing.

Some comments on the ones that did apply:

at-spi2-atk:

  * I've not applied the move of dbus to regular inputs.
    Was it accidential or does it actually use dbus after it is installed?

cogl:

  I've had some merging trouble, so just FYI:

  * Phase 'fix-build-with-mesa-20 is now gone
  * Phase 'patch-docbook-xml is now new
  * arguments were in another spot than before--which confused git very much

geoclue:

  I've had some merging trouble, so did the following:

  * Kept geoclue-config.patch as before. Should I delete it for real?

esound:

  * tcp-wrappers' libwrap is not referenced for some reason.
  * Moved tcp-wrappers to regular inputs.

Please thus resend patches on top of wip-desktop for

* glib
* glib-networking 2.64.3 (which is the second update)
* gobject-introspection
* gstreamer
* libvisual
* libvisual-plugins