guix-devel

Re: guix search: first line not shown

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: guix search: first line not shown
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 21:53:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020, Ekaitz Zarraga wrote:

Hi,

With the recent adoption of $PAGER in `guix search` I'm experiencing an issue.
The some of the firsts lines are not shown if the output long enough to cover
the full screen so I can't see the first package name. It forces me to scroll
down and up again.

If I run `guix search | less` works as expected.

Other paged commands like git work as expected too.

Is this happening to others too?

Best,
Ekaitz

I have been able to reproduce this. If I page down, and then back up, I can see the first line. I don't have any ideas at the moment about what could be causing this.

I'm using GNOME-terminal.

Best,
Jack