guix-devel

Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 23:00:05 +0200

Yes, this kind of search is much better.  Good work!

I wonder, can bad people abuse the search for denial-of-service or is
the number of searches limited?

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 08:31:37PM +0000, Cook, Malcolm wrote:
>   *   Immediate feedback of hits as you type is “nice”.  IMO suggested
> completion of search times is nicer.

This has two sides.  I find it great that search works without
JavaScript and think users should not normally be required to enable
privacy-killing JavaScript.  However, search-as-you-type indeed is a
nice feature for the JS-enabled users.  I do not know how to
reasonably implement it though (and in what programming language).
Also the improvement of search-as-you-type vs. the current proposal is
not big.

Regards,
Florian