guix-devel

Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 20:48:34 +0430

Hi Julien,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 07:11:25 -0400
Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

> This kind of message should probably go to guix-help instead. Can you
> send your user and groups definition you're using? Then we should see
> if there's anything wrong with it, or if we can reproduce the issue.

sorry for interruption, since I assumed this could be a bug I continue
previous discussion in this mailing list, if you think `help-guix` is
the proper place to discuss about this issue we can continue on
following thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-07/msg00088.html

by the way, here is the user account and groups that I'm using for my
service definition:

(define %kyc-accounts
  (list (user-group (name "kyc-service"))
        (user-group (name "kyc-rpc"))
        (user-account
          (name "kyc-service")
          (group "kyc-service")
          (system? #f)
          (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "kyc-rpc" "video"))
          (comment "KYC service user"))))

later I add these definitions using `account-service-type` extension:

(define kyc-service-type
   (extensions (list ...
                            (service-extension account-service-type
                                                          (const