guix-devel

Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Re: Allow to add more than one group for service user
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 09:02:48 +0430

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:13:43 -0400
Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

> From what I understand, the generated /etc/group is correct, but
> loging as kyc-service, even after a reboot, you don't see the
> additional groups?

when I login normally, using `su - kyc-service` all groups are in place
and I can see both the primary and supplementary groups using `groups`
command.

but, when I switch to a shell that is run by service, `groups` command
shows me only the primary group of the user:

sh-5.0$ whoami
kyc-service
sh-5.0$ groups
kyc-service