guix-devel

Re: Service implementation for LXQt desktop

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Re: Service implementation for LXQt desktop
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 15:30:15 +0430

Hi Ludovic,

On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 11:45:01 +0200
Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Instead of accessing each users’s home directory, I strongly recommend
> adding a new “skeleton”: a set of files that are automatically added
> to new home directories when a new user account shows up.

as I know, skeletons only apply on new home directories, and for
example if an existing user wants to switch from XFCE to LXQt desktop,
related skeleton files wont be applied on their home directory.

> To do that, the lxqt service can extend ‘account-service-type’ with
> new skeletons.  I can’t find an example of that but let us know if
> it’s harder than it seems!

as I understand from the documents, `account-service-type` extension
returns a list of `user-account` and `user-group` records. I also
didn't find any reference related to ad skeletons to `user-account`.

a solution that I was thinking of was to add these configurations, to
the related `$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS` path in system profile located in
`/run/current-system/profile/etc/xdg/...` just don't know which service
extension I should extend for this purpose.

Thanks,
Reza

--
Reza Alizadeh Majd