guix-devel

Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages

From: Daniela Lura
Subject: Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 18:50:07 +0200

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for your email!

> What would it take to integrate it on the web site?

I will start working on a patch some time soon. The beginning of school is just around the corner so I'll try to work on the patch before all the school related turmoil starts. :)

Best,
Danjela

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020, 12:21 Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi Danjela!

Daniela Lura <danielaluraa@gmail.com> skribis:

> I'm sending this email to follow up on the search functionality for
> packages.
> With Chris's help I managed to make some changes that make the query for
> searching packages within the Guix Data Service faster.
> I don't know if the search is fast enough to be included on the Guix
> website, but I thought it would be good to share.
>
> Search packages page in the test version of the website that Chris
> deployed: guix-website-test.cbaines.net/packages/search

It seems to work well and it’s pretty fast!

> If you'd want to have a look at the code changes:
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/data-service.git/commit/?id=ee613cdb305cc1e443135d311aead6c799902b8a
> this is the commit where the changes start.

Nice.

What would it take to integrate it on the web site?  That’d be really
cool.  :-)

Thanks for following up, great work!

Ludo’.