guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY] Proposal: substitutes over IPFS

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY] Proposal: substitutes over IPFS
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 22:33:18 +0200

Hello!

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> I believe it is better if  it's a team.

Agreed.  Looks like we almost have a team for this proposal now,
thanks.  :-)

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> There can be several co-mentors – we also did that for past projects.
> It’s a good idea, but good, regular communication is essential to make
> it work.

+1.  There are two aspects here: one is to have regular and informal
communication between the mentors and the intern so that the intern
feels at ease and dares ask questions or share concerns before it’s too
late, and the second aspect is to have a large part of that happening on
public channels.  I think that helps interns become “first-class
contributors” and since it’s an outreach effort, it also shows to others
following along how we help onboard people from different backgrounds
and origins.

Thanks,
Ludo’.