guix-devel

Re: Guix Paths

From: Buttery Pancake
Subject: Re: Guix Paths
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 14:45:46 +0000

> which need to be user-writable, whereas the rest of /gnu only need to be
> writable by the daemon. This means that we end up mounting the same
> directories more than once with different permissions.

Yes. As default, wouldn't it be better to use `/guix/guix-var-stuff` instead of
`/var/guix/guix-var-stuff`? Also, bringing `/run/guix-other-stuff` under
`/guix/guix-other-stuff`.

This way, `/gnu` and `/guix` will be unique and be easily tracked, backed-up,
snap-shot, mounted-separately or won't interfere with other stuffs on
file-system (like ever).