guix-devel

Translating the web site

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Translating the web site
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 13:42:34 +0200

Hello!

Thanks to Florian the web site is now internationalized… but it’s not
being translated for lack of a framework to do so.  (Specifically, the
Translation Project refused to host the web site’s POT files after we
told them we may eventually switch to Weblate, which I can understand.)

Julien, what do you think are the odds of getting a Weblate instance up
and running soonish?  (Also depending on your availability.)

What do you think can be done in the meantime?  Should we use the
infrastructure of another project (GNOME?), or should we simply do it in
an ad-hoc fashion by publishing the POT files at guix.gnu.org?
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.