guix-devel

Re: NixCon 2020

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: NixCon 2020
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 17:55:39 +0200

Hi Pancake,

from your link, I get an html page, with a centered message:
    "File not found or corrupt"
which firefox inspect-element says comes from

<h1 id="downloadprogress">File not found or corrupt</h1>

I'm not sure it was you but I saw a NixCon thing, maybe 2019?,
where the presenter did not mention the role of guix substitutes
provided by trusted servers, and in the Q/A time after did not
appear to know fully how the guix derivation chains of events
work in that regard.

I think the audience may have been left with a less favorable
impression of guix than it could have gotten.

Hopefully you can improve on that :)

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter