guix-devel

Re: Release v1.2 timetable

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Release v1.2 timetable
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 10:26:16 +0300

On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 09:05:53AM +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:

> Hello Efraim,
>
> > What's the plan for an installer for the armhf/aarch64 boards? Do we
> > want to produce installer images for them or just ensure they work? I
> > ran into some issues when I was trying to create an installer for the
> > beaglebone black.
>
> I think that creating installer for those boards is a bit premature,
> given how hard it is to test the installer on real hardware. However, we
> could consider shipping bare-bones disk-images for the boards supported
> by the image-type option.
>
> WDYT?

I'm actually not really sure how one would use the installer on one of
the boards. I think the bare-bones disk-images would be best; just
download it and flash it onto the board or an SD card and edit
/etc/config.scm to add your user and services. Or to boot up into the
installer and overwrite itself.