guix-devel

Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:24:06 -0700

On 2020-10-16, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> As discussed on IRC recently, several of us think that using “#true” and
> “#false” instead of “#t” and “#f” throughout or documentation and code
> would probably make it easier for newcomers to decipher that.
>
> WDYT?

I would very much welcome this as someone relatively new to guile and
scheme. Making it explicit with "plain" words is always preferable to
having to guess or look things up.

I've since learned that particular #t/#f convention, and it wouldn't
probably make a huge difference for me now personally, but I think it
would make the learning curve to contributing Guix a little gentler for
newcomers in general, and every bit helps. :)

live well,
  vagrant