guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM + Guix Day: hurrah!

From: Léo Le Bouter
Subject: Re: FOSDEM + Guix Day: hurrah!
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:14:34 +0100

On Thu, 2021-02-11 at 11:07 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> With all the excitement and activity these days, I almost forgot to
> say
> it: *big thanks* to Pjotr and Manolis for organizing the FOSDEM
> “Declarative and Minimalistic Computing” devroom, with a great
> program!
> It was a delightful day for me, so thanks also to the speakers and to
> those who hosted the sessions.
>
> Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Guix Day!  It’s
> always
> pleasant to be able to discuss things live, especially these days.
>
> Cheers,
> Ludo’.

It was very exciting and I wish we could do more of those online
meetings on a more regular basis. It's key to motivation for me.

Too bad nothing was recorded with Big Blue Button (it has a recording
feature). I missed the session on guile-netlink and I don't know what
others. I would've been very interested to find out.

I would be happier contributing to GNU Guix if I felt a bit more
connected with the humans behind the contributors!

Many thanks for the events!