guix-devel

Xpdf with or without Qt

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Xpdf with or without Qt
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 16:43:27 +0100

Hello,

commit 35089dca4053bf5888441d1648086cdadb6eb1e4 adds Qt to the xpdf package
and removes most X libraries. The result is quite different and does not
correspond to the synopsis "...based on the Motif toolkit" any more, and we
get closer to more modern pdf readers such as evince or okular. On the other
hand, I have been using xpdf as a "no frills" reader with an interface that
had not changed forever, which I am missing now.

Is this a change that became necessary with the update from 4.02 to 4.03
(that looks minor from the numbers!)? If no, I would like to suggest getting
back to the previous inputs. If yes, I do not quite know what to do :)

Andreas