guix-devel

Re: GNOME 40

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: GNOME 40
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 15:10:44 -0400

Hello Guix!

Sorry for the delayed response. I also didn't receive emails as I am not subscribed to the list.

@Mark

Thanks for bringing up your concern, which is very valid. My hyper-focus on working on GNOME40 slightly made me to overlook certain things like mail-lists and reviews, even though I deeply value them.

@Chistopher @zimoun @civodul

Thank you all for your thoughts.

@Leo

It is very natural that one might miss certain things while intensively working on something. Its great we had/have these folks and other community members to have our backs by keeping us in check. :)

Let us do this,
[1] Create wip-gnome branch on savannah
[2] Create guix-patches thread for wip-gnome.
[3] Leo, me or anyone else can contribute by sending patches to that thread.
[4] Leo and I (hopefully after getting commit access) can review and push the patches to wip-gnome. [5] From wip-gnome, any existing committers can double-check and merge commits to core-updates.

Sounds good for everyone?

Let us all work together and make Guix's GNOME awesome, comrades! :-)

Regards,
RG.