guix-devel

Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 10:57:25 +0200

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 07:09:59PM -0500, Guu, Jin-Cheng wrote:
> Not sure if it's appropriate to say here.. but when I was installing,
> there was non-free kernel in my machine. And that's why my wifi was
> working.

If I remember correctly, on some machines the wifi only works after a
reboot from a non-free system.

> My machine is Lenovo's b50-80, which isn't on the site.

I find Z50 with working wifi and ethernet
<https://h-node.org/notebooks/view/en/1848/Z50-75-80EC00MYFR/2/1/Lenovo/undef/undef/notebook/compatibility/undef/undef/50>
and G50 with*out* working wifi
<https://h-node.org/notebooks/view/en/2196/G50-45-80E30181US/2/1/Lenovo/undef/undef/notebook/compatibility/undef/undef/50>.
This won’t be fixed at the Guix level though.

Regards,
Florian