guix-devel

Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:49:06 -0400

Hi Mark!

Thank you for these links.  From the IRC log cited above, it now appears
that Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> bears primary responsibility
for these mistakes.  In particular, according to the IRC
logs, Léo wrote:

   <lle-bout> raghavgururajan: the main issues on the rebasing were about
   security fixes on cairo, gdk-pixbuf and glib
   <lle-bout> I modified the cosmetic commits to remove the graft and
   patches etc.

   <https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2021-03-26.log#000950>
Yes, Leo made these changes. But I also have to acknowledge that it was part of my responsibility to question any changes. My apologies for that. Leo was occupied with many stuff on those days (with CVE bug hunting etc.). Its understandable that it was a honest mistake.

Nonetheless, you (Raghav) also bear some responsibility for digitally
signing and pushing these misleading commits to the 'wip-gnome' branch.
At least one of the problems (the misleading summary line) should have
been obvious from a cursory glance at the commit log.

Yes, my apologies. I will merge fix commits from core-updates to wip-gnome.

Regards,
RG.