guix-devel

Re: Substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 15:36:24 +0200

Hi,

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> I think things are pretty much ready, you can find some information at
> https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/ . If you're up for trying out fetching
> substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org, now is a good time to do so, and
> please report back in terms of how it's working out for you.

Neat!

> If you're interested in the infrastructure behind bordeaux.guix.gnu.org,
> these are the machines which are currently involved:
>
>  - bayfront
>    - running the coordinator
>    - serving the substitutes
>    - building things for x86_64-linux plus i686-linux
>
>  - harbourfront
>    - building things for x86_64-linux plus i686-linux
>
>  - milano-guix-1
>    - building things for x86_64-linux plus i686-linux
>
>  - monokuma
>    - building things for aarch64-linux
>
>  - polaris
>    - sometimes building things for powerpc64le-linux

Great that all this is covered.

I would love to have a POWER9 build machine in the main/default build
farm though.  Currently there’s the OSUOSL POWER9 VM but it’s not
“plugged in” (I think because it’s a machine not “under our control”
that OSUOSL is giving us access to for a limited time, IIUC).  Maybe
more of a topic for guix-sysadmin but we’ll have to coordinate on the
use of those few scarce resources.

Thanks for the update,
Ludo’.