guix-devel

Re: [core-updates] texlive 2021 bootstrap problem

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: [core-updates] texlive 2021 bootstrap problem
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 21:43:19 -0300

Hello,

Em terça-feira, 15 de junho de 2021, às 16:00:51 -03, Thiago Jung Bauermann
escreveu:
> Does anyone have an idea how to break this dependency loop? Do we need to
> have a package definition for a pre-2019-10 version of LaTeX just to
> build texlive-latex-l3kernel, and then use that as a dependency for the
> actual texlive-latex-base package?

I’m pursuing this option. I took the definition of texlive-latex-base from
the master branch (which doesn’t depend on LaTeX3) and added it to my
branch as texlive-latex-no-l3 (with a few minor changes to get it to build
with texlive 2021), and used it as a dependency to build texlive-latex-
l3kernel.

This worked! Now texlive-latex-l3kernel builds correctly, and the build of
texlive-latex-base is attempted (instead of just causing Guix to max out
its heap while trying to process a dependency loop, as it was doing
before). But the build fails when generating some latex formats – a problem
I’m still investigating.

But this is progress nevertheless. :-)

> If anyone wants to have a look at what I have so far, I pushed my patch
> to branch “bug-48064-texlive-2021” at https://gitlab.com/bauermann/guix

I just force-pushed this branch with my current version of the patches.

--
Thanks,
Thiago