guix-devel

Re: New signing key

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: New signing key
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:48:33 +0200

Hi,

Apologies for the delay!

Eric Bavier <bavier@posteo.net> skribis:

> I've updated my GPG key on Savannah with a new signing subkey and uid.

Done in 3694c0d4fee0f7faf130ecd9386ea45932a19543.  In
d1d2bf3eb6ba74b058969756a97a30aec7e0c4d1 I added your new key and
renamed the old one, but perhaps we can just remove the old one, if the
old sub-key is still in the new one?

Anyway, you should be able to push to ‘master’ now.  Please double-check
with ‘guix git authenticate’ (and the pre-push hook) that everything’s
fine.

> Could a maintainer do the necessary repo updates?

Note that any committer who’s checked that all is fine can do this, but
I guess everyone was busy hacking (or reviewing!).  ;-)

In the future, unless you lose control of the key, it’s even better if
you do it yourself: push a commit signed with the old key that
introduces the new key.  Otherwise we have to trust that you really are
the one who uploaded the new key on Savannah.

Thanks,
Ludo’.