guix-devel

Re: Honeycomb LX2 ARM board, problems booting Guix

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Honeycomb LX2 ARM board, problems booting Guix
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 20:32:37 -0400

One way to find the missing modules is to boot another distro (or maybe the installer has a lot more modules than the installed system) and look at dmesg. You might see something like:

scsi host0: ahci-sunxi
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio …

sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: initialized, …
mmc0: host does not support reading read-only…

(That's from an arm board)

In that case, I added sunxi-mmc, ahci_sunxi and for some reason sd_mod. Note that naming is not consistent between guix and dmcsg, so check the filename in lib/modules of you linux-libre kernel package.

HTH!