guix-devel

Re: Distributing Guix System Pinebook Pro images

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: Distributing Guix System Pinebook Pro images
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 13:15:40 -0700

On 2021-08-29, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> The Guix website now offers Pinebook Pro Guix System images[1]. Those
> images can be directly copied on a micro-SD card and booted from. More
> details here[2].

It seems like I need to write up a hybrid pinebook/pinebook-pro
bootloader definition, then that image could support *two* whole
platforms. :)

It also shouldn't be *too* hard to add support for UEFI too...

Started a discussion about this in June:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00036.html

And recently gave a talk describing this approach for Debian:

  https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar
  https://debconf21.debconf.org/talks/88-two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar/

Not sure how soon the video will be available, but the talk had
technical difficulties at the start, so I hope to get a chance to do it
all over again someday. :)

live well,
  vagrant