guix-devel

Updating from Go 1.17 to 1.18

From: Pier-Hugues Pellerin
Subject: Updating from Go 1.17 to 1.18
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 15:45:31 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to update Go to 1.18, I do have a *working* patch that defines a package that inherits from 1.17 and that adjusts the inputs. However, I have a few questions:

1. Is inheriting the way to do that? The package's build system appears to be the same from 1.17.
2. How can I rebuild dependents packages to ensure they are still building correctly?
3. Anything I should look into or test more for these kinds of packages?

Thanks

--
ph,
http://heykimo.com