guix-devel

WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th

From: jgart
Subject: WhereIsEveryone, Guix Packaging Meetup Tomorrow, April 24th
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 22:20:54 -0400

Hi Guixers, we'll have a packaging meetup tomorrow, Sunday at 22:30 ET.

More information can be found here:

https://man.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/wiki/packagingmeetup.md

This month we're rotating to use an APAC friendly time for our Guixers on that
side of the globe.

We have Guix packaging tickets that we've been developing at SourceHut's
todo.sr.ht in case you'd like to collaborate on any of those:

https://todo.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus

Substitutes for Guix 'R Us are provided by https://bags.whereis.みんな/

See our README for information/best practices on upstreaming anything from Guix
'R Us:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus#upstreaming

We could use your help on upstreaming more. Guix 'R Us currently has 850
packages as of Sat Apr 23 10:17:19 PM EDT 2022.

Some packages might be missing a synopsis or in need of a better description.
All packages in Guix 'R Us are successfully building.

See our builds.sr.ht logs here: https://builds.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone

# Selected recent contributions involved with WhereIsEveryone

Dhruvin worked on packaging SourceHut's awesome CLI tool:
https://sr.ht/~emersion/hut/

and sent a patch to upstream: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54882

Guix 'R Us currently has hut as a pre-release package while we wait on 54882:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus/tree/master/item/guixrus/packages/hut.scm#L144

Hope you can join us in these efforts,

jgart

https://whereis.みんな/