guix-devel

Re: Status of KDE Plasma

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Status of KDE Plasma
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 11:14:23 +0200

Hi,

glad to see someone to pick up this task.

Am 01.05.22 um 05:06 schrieb Anthony Wang:
I have a few questions: What is the current status of KDE Plasma on Guix? And also, how can I help or contribute?

You can find the current state of Plasma in the „wip-kde-plasma” branch <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/?h=wip-kde-plasma>.

The top-level directory contains a 00-README-Plasma.txt, explaining the current state in detail. The branch also provides some helper-scripts for testing, etc. I strongly recommend reading through all of these files to find the hidden gems ;-)

Basically there are package definitions for most of the Plasma packages (as of 5.19), kwin, etc. One of the files has a list of state per package. Anyhow I failed to make Plasma start the actual desktop.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |