guix-devel

Re: Docker 19.x eol

From: Pierre Langlois
Subject: Re: Docker 19.x eol
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 22:58:43 +0100

Hi there,

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 08 May 2022 at 17:33, Pier-Hugues Pellerin <ph@heykimo.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone working on updating the docker packages to 20.x I
>> believe Guix ships with 19.x this is EOL if I remember it’s EOL. If
>> someone working on it I will be happy to help.
>
> Indeed, Docker 19.03.15 does not seem updated [1].  Well, I do not find
> any EOL mention tough.  Anyway.
>
> Last time I have checked, the upgrade was not straightforward but I hope
> you will be luckier than me. ;-)

I actually sent a series to update docker here:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52790#7.

I haven't felt confident enough to push it yet, I think it needs a
review, but it should be pretty straight-forward.  I only tested it with
a my simple use-case of a single casual ubuntu container.

Hope this helps! I'll check if it needs a rebase actually.

Thanks,
Pierre