guix-devel

Re: Release v1.4?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Release v1.4?
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 19:57:37 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 03 Jun 2022 at 18:41, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

>   guix time-machine --branch=staging -- …
>
> Remaining things to check:
>
>   - [ ] system tests
>   - [ ] status on non-x86_64 architectures

I agree.  To me, it is part of the same effort.  From my point of view,
we missed the window for releasing at the previous core-updates merge.
I would like to avoid to miss it. :-)

Somehow, we all have various constraints on our agenda so if we do not
set some deadlines in advance, it is hard to free some slots compared to
the continuous other “urgent” tasks from elsewhere.

My email is a call (July is a proposal) for synchronizing our agenda and
agree on some deadlines and make them happen.

Cheers,
simon