guix-science

Re: User & Developer Meetup on Sept. 27th: quick wrap-up

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: User & Developer Meetup on Sept. 27th: quick wrap-up
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 14:16:18 +0200

Hello!

"Simon Tournier" <simon.tournier@univ-paris-diderot.fr> skribis:

> * Hosting a list of scientific channels at hpc.guix.info/channels
>
>    + provide substitutes via Cuirass
>    + discussion about free software and binaries substitutes?

I forgot to mention it on this list, but there’s now a low-tech list of
channels available on the web site:

  https://hpc.guix.info/channels/

Code:

  https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/website/-/blob/master/channels.scm

We could provide proper integration with hpcguix-web, which would allow
users to navigate packages per channel, things like that (though pages
like <https://hpc.guix.info/package/rstudio> already show which channel
packages come from.)

I’ve also added the ‘guix-science’ channel on our tiny build farm at
Inria (it doesn’t have a lot of CPU power but it has a lot of disk
space):

  https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/jobset/guix-science

Thanks,
Ludo’.