guix-science

Re: “Building a Secure Software Supply Chain with GNU Guix”

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: “Building a Secure Software Supply Chain with GNU Guix”
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 14:11:18 +0200

Hi!

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> This is an excellent read! Are there plans to release this git
> authentication system as a separate tool so that other non-Guix projects
> may use it easily?

Not really.  ‘guix git authenticate’ is already usable outside and the
modules behind it are well isolated from the rest of Guix though.

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-git-authenticate.html

I don’t plan personally to make it a separately-maintained tool, but it
could be interesting.  More generally, getting in touch with the Git
developers and also with other projects with similar concerns would be
great.

Ludo’.