guix-science

Julia using GLMakie

From: Mauritz Stenek
Subject: Julia using GLMakie
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:19:19 -0600

Hello,

Has anyone here been able to use the GLMakie (makie.org) Julia graphing package with Guix? When precompling, I get this error at the julia REPL:

┌ Warning:     GLFW couldn't create an OpenGL window.
│ This likely means, you don't have an OpenGL capable Graphic Card, │ or you don't have an OpenGL 3.3 capable video driver installed. │ Have a look at the troubleshooting section in the GLMakie readme: https://github.com/MakieOrg/Makie.jl/tree/master/GLMakie#troubleshooting-opengl.
└ @ GLMakie ~/.julia/packages/GLMakie/QyIWu/src/screen.jl:250
ERROR: LoadError: GLFWError (API_UNAVAILABLE): GLX: No GLXFBConfigs returned

I know I have a GL capable video driver. I installed the `glfw` and `julia-glfw-jll` guix packages and I get the same error (granted, I don't know exactly what's going on; I'm flying blind a bit here).

Thanks for your help.

--
Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org>