guix-science

Re: Julia using GLMakie

From: Pascal Quach
Subject: Re: Julia using GLMakie
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:53:24 +0100

the version string to read is just above I believe. OpenGL ES is a different version.

> glxinfo -B | grep "OpenGL version string"

glxgears performs well, what about vkcube and vulkaninfo?

Pascal

Le 11/03/2024 à 16:34, Cayetano Santos a écrit :

lun. 11 mars 2024 at 15:37, Pascal Quach <pascal.quach@centralesupelec.fr>
wrote:

Hello Mauritz, Cayetano,

The error you encounter is related to your system. I have been able to
precompile the
GLMakie package using the julia@1.9.3 from guix-science, but I run a foreign
distro...

I’m using guix on top of archlinux, so in a foreign distro config too.

 From my experience, you may try to get information from these commands
`glxinfo -B` and/or
`vulkaninfo --summary` from mesa-utils and vulkan-tools, as well as
julia> versioninfo()

"glxinfo -B" gives me

     OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.3.2

whereas the warning message out of "precompile GMakie" says:

     This likely means, you don't have an OpenGL capable Graphic Card,
     or you don't have an OpenGL 3.3 capable video driver installed.

which makes sense.

You may test your installation using glxgears and vkcube/vkcube-wayland.
Generally
speaking, if glxgears/vkcube run without any issues, then the precompilation
should also
work.

glxgears performs well for me

C.