gwl-devel

Re: [gwl-devel] `--run=simple` error ?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [gwl-devel] `--run=simple` error ?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 23:54:35 +0100

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 18:05, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> While the GWL does depend on Guix as a library it does not directly
>> depend on the Guix package collection.  We want that to be whatever the
>> user happens to use.  I feel that maybe there really ought to be a
>> Guix library that’s separate from the package collection…
>
> I agree that there is something unclear with the Guix library on non
> full GuixSystem.

I think it’s the same problem as on a Guix system.  The Guix we have at
build time is not the same as the Guix at runtime.  For some things this
doesn’t matter (or shouldn’t matter) — like the derivation stuff; for
other things it very much matters — like packages and records used to
describe them.

I don’t know the emacs-guix problem to say if it’s similar.

--
Ricardo