gwl-devel

Re: Do we actually need a “packages” field?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Do we actually need a “packages” field?
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 13:06:24 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 at 11:39, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> What do you think?

Well, considering Mercurial, does it become?

-8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
process: fetch-data
[...]
  #{mercurial}/bin/hg clone {{inputs}} {{outputs}}

I am not sure it is more readable.
Moreover the user has to know the path.

Even I am not sure to understand why you want to change, from my
opinion, and based on my user experience, it does not matter where I
have to provide the package name but the issue is to find the name of
the package (and the module even if specification->package and related
help).

Cheers,
simon