h-source-users

[H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: [H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 01:49:00 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #60940 (project h-source):

[comment #6 comment #6:]

suggested for merge in https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?62566.

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/h-source-users/2021-07/msg00065.html

> > Do you know the difference between your two versions, and would it be
possible for you two to collaborate / combine efforts?

> My fork seems more focused on fixing the Python 3 issues that break
functionality -- Bill's fork also does some cosmetic (such as standardizing on
space vs tab indentation).  In my testing my branch has h-client running
without any error in the terminal output, while for Bill's one there remain
issues such as:

> - doesn't connect to h-node.org (probably PycURL related)
> - the help buttons are broken (GTK related)
> - selecting devices from the left tab doesn't work
>
> So based on this I'd suggest merging my branch first, since it contains less
changes, and then rebase Bill's one on top.  This should be easier.

apteryx: thanks for the context and the suggestion.

bill-auger: what do you think about this suggestion?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60940>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/