h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] h-client maintenance

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] h-client maintenance
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:11:56 +1000

On 12 June 2022 01:16:37 GMT+10:00, bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community>
wrote:
>as a reminder, the last discussion there was regarding the
>client, ended with the decision to merge the h-source and
>h-client teams

Link to the discussion?

>there was a ticket opened last week, suggesting to delete the
>h-client savannah project, probably because the OP read the

Link to the ticket?

>mailing list discussions - there is already a ticket for that
>with the savannah admins - it was left pending, until the
>project admin gave approval;

Yeah I remember that ticket.

> but as far as i know, that did not
>happen either

It happened not long ago (a couple weeks maybe?), though not in the public.

>  - now i see that yuchen has been made admin of the
>h-client project; and is suggesting to do the opposite, to keep
>the client code on savannah and as a separate project, and has
>assigned a new member to that team
>
>new people wanting to join the team is great - i suggested to
>apteryx last week, to consider joining the team; but i really
>must object to these happenings without discussion
>
>i dont remember any discussion that yuchen would be admin of the
>server project either - the only public discussion WRT project
>management was in 2019, when damien and i joined the project to
>revive it, as the only active members at the time - damien
>agreed to maintain the server, and i agreed to maintain the
>client; and antonio gave his approval on the mailing list
>
>then last year, yuchen joined for an intern stint with the FSF,

Not true, I've never been an intern with the fsf.

>to help damien port the server to PHP7

My role with the server has been admin from day one, and it was not temporary.
Porting to php7 was an initial task that Damien did most of the initial work.

So these are some of the facts IIRC. Clarifying the context takes more time. I
will also ask the fsf tech team for advice.

--
Best,
Yuchen

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, typos and lack of pgp.